Submitted by Steffen Bentley, Citrus Marketing Services, Inc. Recipe from Rodale, © Copyright 2005
Chill out with something sweet and cool for the dog days of summer. The frozen goodness of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice, bananas and cherries makes this sherbet perfect for beating the heat.
- 5 cups Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 bananas
- 1 medium bottle maraschino cherries
- Mix sugar and water, and boil to make syrup.
- Mix syrup with orange juice and add lemon juice.
- When half frozen, stir in mashed bananas and cherries.
- Freeze again.
- It’s that easy!
Recipe from Rodale, © Copyright 2005