Orange and Ginger Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Full of health benefits, this delicious side dish often takes center stage on our holiday tables.
- 4 to 6 sweet potatoes
- 3 cups Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup cornstarch, combined
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes and boil until tender.
- Bring orange juice, brown sugar and spices to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water together, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture to the boiling orange juice solution and stir until thickened.
- Pour orange juice glaze over sweet potatoes and mix. Bake at 375° F until heated through.