Orange-Sage Cornbread Stuffing
Combining the distinctive flavors of orange and sage makes this stuffing a celebration for everyone’s taste buds. You’ll want to make this dish for many holidays to come.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable or turkey stock
- 1/4 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 5 cups cornbread (or corn muffins), crumbled
- In a large skillet, melt butter and then add olive oil, celery, leeks and garlic.
- Sauté for a few minutes, until celery and leeks are tender, and mix in sage, pepper, salt, and cumin.
- Turn off heat and add vegetable stock, orange juice, and crumbled cornbread.
- Mix until cornbread is moist and transfer into a shallow baking or casserole dish.
- Bake at 325° F for 1 hour.