Baked Orange Pecan French Toast
Submitted by Steffen Bentley, Citrus Marketing Services, Inc.
This is one of our all-time favorite brunch recipes. Drizzle your French toast with orange syrup and pour some Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice. It all goes together like Saturday and Sunday.
French Toast Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 8 & 1/2-inch thick bread slices
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Orange Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- Beat together eggs, juice, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Arrange bread in a single layer and top with egg mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt butter in a 10x15x2-inch pan, and arrange bread on top.
- Bake at 350º F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans and bake for another 10 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine and cook over low heat. Do not boil. Cook for 10 minutes and serve warm.